Saturday 16 August 2014

Hi :)

OK I wasnt sure about starting this blog but I am hoping it will help keep me motivated and also be a place I can share some of the fun recipes and tips that have been working for me.

So a little history

About 18 months ago I hit my highest weight ever

gulp 227 pounds

There I have said it (OK I said it in pounds so everyone in the UK has to work their calculator)

Last year I worked hard and struggled with restricting my food and lost about 7 pounds IN THE WHOLE YEAR!!

That is when I figured that diets really dont work, it is not possible (for me anyway) to have willpower 24/7

and if you are craving things all the time and have no energy because your body thinks it is in a famine then you are just working against yourself

So I started experimenting on myself

The first realisation I had was exercise
Rather than just diet and be thinking about food all day if I work out first thing then that is that over and done with and I can get on with my day.

and that did help lots

But as I was getting fitter I wanted to fuel myself better so started to think about the governments '5 a day' and decided to try and make sure to have my 5 a day every day

In no time I realised this was not enough, I could do better than that. My target now is AT LEAST 10 a day

and doing that a couple of really interesting things happened

I stopped being starving at nighttime, my old way of eating was to starve myself all day then think about food all evening
This way I am eating a load of fruit and veg all day and I am thinking less about food in the evening

and my taste buds started to change, I could put less dressings on salads, everything is suddenly sweet and full of flavour.

Now Im not going to lie - I still fall off the wagon! I will try and be honest about all of that

So I HAD lost 35 pounds, but I did fall off the wagon and get back into horrible habits so I put on 7 pounds

So I am starting this blog to keep a track of things as I get back on track.
It is mainly for me :) but I hope I can help people a little with it as well

No comments:

Post a Comment